Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hodge Podge

Having math twice a day is working out better than I had anticipated. My students are learning about perimeter and area--much easier concepts to grasp than (shudder) adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators. I taught and taught and taught that; I understand the "unlike" part--I intensely unlike anything to do with fractions now. Tomorrow we move on to probability. Hopefully this site, Math Live, will help. It has cartoons that explicitly introduce math concepts. I wish I had found it earlier this year, but it will help with the looming state test review.

There's not much going on. Rotney went home sick today; Moses went home sick yesterday. Both had stomach viruses. I'd be more excited about this, but my youngest felt fevered at bedtime and complained about a stomach ache--I may go in for a half day tomorrow and come home to spend the afternoon with him, if he wakes up sick or queasy.

There's a bit of a contretemps (I don't actually know how to say this word, but I know how to use it) about computer lab usage at work--2 teachers have signed up for the coveted end-of-the-day snowday make-up time for Monday-Thursday for the next month. Rather selfish, doncha know. If you knew one of them, you'd say rather typical. Some people. Of course, princiPal is out of town for the week, so it's going to fester for a while. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment