Friday, March 5, 2010

Fridays

Doesn't everyone love Fridays? We look forward to them all week long. We celebrate Wednesdays because we're now over the hump of the week, on the downward slope to the inevitable here-it-is-again Friday. Sometimes I worry that I've got it all wrong.

Maybe I should embrace Mondays, with their manic business as I try to prepare for the week. My students are always glad to see me on Mondays. I think they're victims of short-term memory loss, but it's nice to see their smiles on Monday mornings.

Or Tuesdays, the day of the hated computer lab and the crazy teacher because once Tuesday is over, I have a week before I have to face Tuesday again.

Or Wednesdays, because it's Art day. Art lasts 10 minutes longer than other specials and that 10 minutes is GOLDEN.

Or Thursdays. Wait--I have Cooperative Planning Teams on Thursdays. CPTs are the highly-staged mock-cooperative team drill we have to endure weekly. Instead of waiting until Thursdays, we cooperate all the time--passing in the hall, in the mornings, through email--why have these stiff meetings? Also, Thursdays are faculty meetings and IEP meetings. Often I don't get one minute of planning on Thursdays and I actually have to stay 50 minutes later. Thursdays suck.

I've got it. I'll celebrate everyday that's not Thursday! So, here's to the first not-Thursday of the rest of my life. I'm going to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment