Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Colleagues

I work with a great team--I love working with Ms. Rabbit, Ms. Kitten, and Ms. Ducky. We work together well and genuinely care about each other. And we're all happy that Ms. Squirrel is now has left our team to be the computer lab teacher. Unfortunately, we have to attend this lab--for our students' sakes as much as any other reason--and now we know why our grade level scores were always negatively affected by Ms. Squirrel. Geesh and Louise! Today she had our students type the following: "Today, I learned how to copy and paste. I, also, learned how to save my Journal." What's with the commas surrounding the "also"? And the capital J on journal? Did I miss some grammar rules back in the 70s (when grammar wasn't taught)? My aide and I were rushing from computer to computer because:
  • Our kids can't type.
  • They get frustrated to the point of tears because THEY CAN'T TYPE.
  • She slows down for no student!
So I had to type the above sentences 10 times (no lie--okay, not much of one), and I wondered about them each time. I should have edited as I typed, but I was afraid a student would point out that I had left the commas out, and I didn't want to go there. Not my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment